Terms and Conditions
- J L Maintenance uses its own independent contractors, who are trained and qualified. All contractors operate under the authority of J L Maintenance to provide an excellent, professional service.
- All of our engineers are covered by public liability insurance.
- Quotations given by us are valid for sixty days from date of the quote, we may need to change or withdraw any quotation at any time before it is accepted by you.
- We always do our best to complete all works on time and to provide all goods and materials for the quoted amount. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount. In the event of this we shall immediately inform you of any change in cost and ask you to accept an amended quote in writing to cover the additional cost. All quotes over £2,000 will require a works order to be signed by both parties.
- We carry out appointments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week subject to availability.
- We cannot guarantee that an engineer will be available for an emergency appointment.
- If you require an emergency appointment we will charge you an ‘Emergency Call Out’ fee. We will aim to get an engineer to your door within the hour however sometimes this is not always possible. If we are unable to get an engineer to you within two hours of accepting the appointment we will remove the ‘Urgent Call Out’ fee from your bill.
- Unless we are directly responsible for it, we will not cover costs for loss or damage to your property, including any cleaning needed. If access has to be made in your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and make good but will not replace the original surface (eg. paint) or construction, unless requested by you and put on the quotation.
- You must let the us know of anything that may present a hazard or danger to our tradesmen carrying out the works in your home / work areas. You must make sure that there is clear access to all work areas and remove all obstructions prior to the engineers visit.
- We will not be responsible for failure under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
- If you are a tenant, you must get your landlords permission before any work is carried out. It is your responsibility to do this.
- If any works require planning permission it is your responsibility to obtain this.
- J L Maintenance may check your details with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We will always inform you if we need to run a credit check.
- Notice of your right to cancel: you are entitled to cancel this agreement, if you need to cancel for any reason you must do so in writing by post or email at the address on the front of the quotation within 5 working days starting from the date of agreement. We may cancel the agreement at any time by given you written notice.
- We will always try and offer you a fixed price before commencing work. In some cases, it is not possibly to offer you a fixed price due to the nature of the work. In this event we will instead provide you with an estimate.
- Occasionally we may incur costs above the quoted fixed price. If this happens we will inform you immediately and agree an amended cost in writing.
- If you miss an appointment without any explanation or prior notice you will be subject to a missed appointment fee of £25.
- You will be invoiced immediately on completion of the agreed works. The invoice total is payable immediately unless otherwise agreed in writing with an authorised member of the J L Maintenance team.
- The total payable by you is stated as the ‘Invoice Total’ on the invoice. Unless otherwise stated, the price shall be for labour and materials supplied by J L Maintenance.
- If you do not pay the total amount within thirty days of the date of invoice you must pay an administration fee of £15 and interest will occur on the outstanding balance at the standard rate.
- An administration charge of £25 is payable for each cheque we present for payment that is dishonoured by your bank for whatever reason.
- An OAP discount of 15% may apply to persons over the age of 65. This must be claimed before any invoice is sent. No discount can be added once an invoice has been issued.
- All other discounts must be claimed before work commences.
- We offer a standard 6 month guarantee on all works beginning from the date on the invoice for the works. This guarantee does not include any material supplied by our engineers. Some products we use may come with their own manufacturer’s warranty.
- The guarantee will not apply where faults have been caused by you or in part by you, or by any other persons. This includes by misuse, lack of care or ware and tear. Any guarantee we offer does not affect your legal rights, find out more at Trading Standards.
- Any complaints can be made by email to email@example.com or by post to:J L Maintenance, 193 Beaconsfield Road, London, EN3 6AX.
No verbal or written representations of any kind shall supersede the content of this